11.44% 10 - YEAR FIXED RATE TREASURY BOND No. 538,
ISSUE 330, ISIN: TZ1996103663 AUCTION 01 TO BE HELD ON 1st July, 2020
An opportunity to invest in the United Republic of Tanzania fixed-rate Treasury bond. The Bank of Tanzania as a fiscal agent for the United Republic of Tanzania invites bids for the above bond. Terms and conditions for this bond are as follows:
1. Issuer United Republic of Tanzania
2. Amount Competitive Non-Competitive
TZS 110.00 Billion TZS 0.53 Billion
3. Procedure for bidding Bids will be submitted online through Central
Depository Participants (CDPs) and the process
will be closed at 11.00 a.m on the auction date.
4. Auction Date 01st July 2020
5. Settlement Date 02nd July 2020 (T+1)
6. Form of issuance Book entry system
7. Auction results Auction results shall be made available on the Bank’s
Website and at Central
Depository Participants’ offices immediately after the
8. Price per TZS 100 To be quoted at premium, par or discount to four (4)
9. Minimum bid size TZS 1,000,000 in multiples of TZS 100,000
10. Interest payment date First interest Date: 31st December 2020
Second interest Date: 02nd July 2021
11. Coupon Fixed at 11.44% p.a.
12. Day count convention Actual/365
13. Tax Interest income is exempted from withholding tax
14. Currency Tanzania Shillings (TZS)
15. Redemption Date 02nd July 2030
16. Listing The bonds will be listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock
17. Trading Secondary trading in multiples of TZS 100,000 to
commence on Friday 03th July 2020.
18. Defaulters Successful bidders who fail to honor their obligations
on time will be disqualified from participating in the
subsequent auctions for a minimum
period of one (1) month.