15.49% 20 - YEAR FIXED RATE TREASURY BOND No. 556,
ISSUE 16, ISIN: TZ1996103861 AUCTION 01 TO BE HELD ON 24th November 2021
An opportunity to invest in the United Republic of Tanzania fixed-rate Treasury bond. The Bank of Tanzania as a fiscal agent for the United Republic of Tanzania invites bids for the above bond. Terms and conditions for this bond are as follows:
1. Issuer United Republic of Tanzania
2. Amount Competitive Non-Competitive
TZS 139.00 Billion TZS 0.50 Billion
3. Procedure for bidding Bids will be submitted online through Central
Depository Participants (CDPs) and the process
will be closed at 11.00 a.m on the auction date.
4. Auction Date 24th November, 2021
5. Settlement Date 25th November, 2021 (T+1)
6. Form of issuance Book entry system
7. Auction results Auction results shall be made available on the Bank’s
Website and at Central
Depository Participants’ offices immediately after the
8. Price per TZS 100 To be quoted at premium, par or discount to four (4)
9. Minimum bid size TZS 1,000,000 in multiples of TZS 100,000
10. Interest payment date First interest Date: 12th August
Second interest Date: 11th September
11. Coupon Fixed at 15.49% p.a.
12. Day count convention Actual/365
13. Tax Interest income is exempted from withholding tax
14. Currency Tanzania Shillings (TZS)
15. Redemption Date 11th February 2041
16. Listing The bonds will be listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock
17. Trading Secondary trading in multiples of TZS 100,000 to
commence on Friday 26th November 2021.
18. Defaulters Successful bidders who fail to honor their obligations
on time will be disqualified from participating in the
subsequent auctions for a minimum
period of one (1) month.
19. Key Note The Bond price should include the Accrued Interest of TZS 4.4560 per TZS 100
For Example: based on the Yield to Maturity(YTM) of 15.4127%, Clean Priceis 100.4272, Dirty Price is TZS 104.9287(i.e. Clean Price (TZS 100.4727) plus Accrued Interest (TZS 4.4560)).